In 1950 at the Thirteenth World Conference in Oxford, England, the request for a World Brownie Badge, made by leaders of international Brownie Units, was discussed. It was agreed that there should be a badge for Brownies. It was not until the Fifteenth World Conference four years later that the design was accepted and approved. The badge shows a golden hand, raised in salute, on a blue background. It was worn by any Brownie belonging to either a Tenderfoot or full member country of WAGGGS who had made her Brownie Promise and it could also be worn out of uniform.
This was the world badge for all Brownies prior to 1969.